?

Friday, March 21, 2008

Entry of my choice

Do you agree with the message/theme the author tried to portray in the novel?

The author says that there is evil in every human mind.Golding also implies that the reason why humans act moral is because civilization is imposed upon them. Without civilization, human beings would succumb to their savage instincts(becoming violent,cruel,etc.).

I agree on how Golding said that there is evilness in every human mind. But I strongly disagree on his statement about the reason why humans act moral is because civilization is imposed upon them. Yes, humans tend to succumb more easily to evil. But still, God created us to have compassion and love in our hearts. And I believe that having those compassion and love in our hearts is the very basic fundamental thing that makes us humans. You can hear lot of people say that the world today is full of evil and sins. I can't deny the truth, but isn't there love and kindness in this world too? Humans tend to emphasize negative aspects much more than positive aspects.

Having love and kindness towards other people is considered a very moral act. But we don't always act kind and show love towards different people because civilization is imposed upon us. We do it, because that's just part of being human. I don't like somone just because civilization taught me to like someone. I just do! I don't even have a lot of control over my emotions, much less does civilization has control over my emotions.

God always has and always will lead us to paths of righteousness and morality. Even though we are sinners, we can always repent, and stay on the good side. Those are the reasons why I strongly disagree with Golding's opinions.

1 comments:

hnas565 said...

You are totally right!

We cannot deny the truth that human kind is evil., The world seems to emphasize even more on the negative perspective on human kind.. we should be thinking the positive side of humans,, but we think the negative way by babbling to ourselves that we are sinners and such..
The world is mingled with both love and hate. God didn't chose to make it that way, but we did. Humans are performing miraculous acts that empasizes the negative side of human truth. We should deserve nothing but enternal torture. However, I am glad that he, God, gave us a chance to repent

Good post~! i enjoyed reading other of your posts as well, they were awsome