?

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Second Entry(Flowers For Algernon)

Charlie is having flashbacks of his past as his I.Q. eventually becomes very high. However, although he is very intelligent, he is still like a little boy when it comes to emotions, because his emotional growth could not follow his intelligence growth. And as he realizes what has been happening to him in the past, he becomes very distressed. He has flashbacks of people who were being mean to him and had him around to make themselves feel superior(he didn't know it back then, but he knows now). He also has flashbacks of his family-how his sister hated him and was always being mean to him. As he is having all these distresses, Charlie doesn't realize that he is shunning and making other people feel excluded and inferior to him.

People in this world always hurt each other in some ways whether it is hurting each other physically or hurting each other emotionally. I know that I've hurt people in the past, and I also have been hurt by other people. However, it is impossible for people to avoid conflict. And personally, I think those bad memories and experiences actually helped me grow emotionally. I know how to handle touchy situations better, and I know how to be strong. Charlie, although he is having a hard time right now, will learn from his flashbacks and become a strong, determined person and keep on moving forward in his life. At least, that's what I'm hoping will happen later on in the novel.

0 comments: